By Hailli Woo
Sunday Jan. 25, 88 women took the stage to represent their many countries in the Miss Universe 2014 pageant. Contestants competed in swimsuit, evening gown, and interview.
5. Miss Trinidad and Tobago graced the stage in a white Grecian gown embellished with gold jewels under the bust and around the cuffs of each sleeve. This dress was tight all the way down her body, and had flowing fabric connected from the length of the dress to the sleeves giving a graceful feel to this sexy dress.
4. Miss Australia rocked an indigo mermaid style gown with a jewel encrusted bodice and a trumpeted bottom. The strapless dress shows off this Aussie’s beautiful skin and figure.
3. Miss Colombia showed off her sexy side with a complete silver jeweled gown. The deep-V, cut-outs and open back surely were contributing factors to this beauty queen winning the Miss Universe 2014 title.
2. Miss Inida went along the same lines as Miss Colombia, but went bolder. The long sleeved gold gown flowed amazingly on stage. The different shades of gold jewels, mesh cutouts and the thigh high slit pull together the sexy look.
1. Miss Jamaica hands-down owned the stage in her short sleeve, open back, red gown. Not only is she a natural beauty, this dress just looks like it was made for her. Open back dresses can be complicated because they don’t always sit on the body right. Miss Jamaica had none of those issues and still was stunning and sexy in this crew neck, short-sleeved dress. This was the perfect example of sexy and classy.
5. Miss Ukraine rocked the stage in her bikini. The slender blonde walked confidently and had every single reason to. It is clear that she works hard on the fitness aspect of her life.
4. Miss Italy looked great from every angle of the stage. Her tiny waist is what most women strive for. Bikini season is every season for this bombshell.
3. Miss Philippines seems to have that all around perfect body shape. Her chest and bum are large but perfectly proportioned to her legs, and her stomach and waist are not so small that you wonder if she ever eats.
2. Miss Australia gets a spot in this category as well for her toned abs and legs. Tegan Martin also has that famous thigh gap that most girls are trying to achieve. From her smile to her toned legs, this pageant queen nailed swimsuit.
1. Miss Jamaica gets number one in this category as well. It is hard to not win this category when the country you are representing is a beach paradise. Kaci Fennell’s bust and V-lines are ones to envy. It is clear as to why many boo-ed when they found out that she was the fourth runner up.
On Stage Question
As a pageant contestant myself, I am ashamed of this portion of the competition. Each of the top five were asked a different question by the judges then were asked the same question submitted by a fan online. Not one of the contestants answered the questions they were asked. They couldn’t seem to answer the question, “What is the greatest contribution of your country to the entire world?” This is why pageant contestants get a bad reputation.
Miss Universe is a huge entertainment attraction and does not fail to impress year after year. This year had quite a shocking result, but Miss Colombia came to win and has a year full of amazing experiences in front of her.