By Emily Harris
Deans Sarah Feyerherm and Patrice DiQuinzio presented information about the Noel-Levitz Student Satisfaction Survey distributed to students every few years. The last survey took place in the spring of 2013 with 353 responses.
– Higher student satisfaction at Washington College than other private institutions.
– Challenges or areas that needed improvement included safety, tuition rates, and course registration.
– Students suggested more structure as far as what classes to take each year, such as a template for each major. This could take the pressure off of registering for required courses.
– Students pointed out a lack of transparency with distribution of tuition dollars.
– Safety was more of a concern than expected. There are some resources that could be used more such as the LiveSafe app.
– In order to increase survey participation, it was suggested that the survey be a requirement in order to register for classes.
– Could also have RAs reach out and encourage participation, also use social media in addition to email to advertise the survey.